xixau zeoreef sps

That tank is a living piece of art. I can't believe you have to keep it in your garage or is just the sump in your garage?That would be like hanging a Picasso in your closet, but I understand, like they say " happy wife, happy life".

Love your tank!
Great work!
Why have you lowered your photoperiod?
Where do you keep your PO4/NO3 values?

Last edited:
Stunning reef! Well done!!

I see you started BB and then added sand on the way?
May I ask for your rational and if you've seen any noticeable differencies (apart from the aesthetics)?

" happy wife, happy life".
the tank is also in the garage but I'm making the garage in to a rumphus room with the tank and fishroom under the house "Man Cave"

fish list

2 Yellowstripe Maroon Clownfish (Premnas biaculeatus)
2 Yellow Tang - Hawaii (Zebrasoma flavescens) One in the frag tank
5 Lyretail Anthias (Pseudanthias squamipinnis)
6 Blue/Green Reef Chromis (Chromis viridis)
1 Copperband butterflyfish (Chelmon rostratus)

Feeding schedule
Normally 4-5 frozen cubes brine shrimp with garlic and nori in the morning, and some times I feed 3 cubes in the afternoon

I reduce the light photoperiod trying for colour improvement
Thanks for looking and comments everyone :beer:

I start BB purely to avoid vacuum the substrate in the initial cycling period (~6 months), I only use 15mm deep

Thanks xixau, I think my next t5 combo will be like yours or, perhaps, I'll make 6blu+, 1 coral+ and 1 fiji purple
P.S.: actually my t5combo is 4 blu+, 3 coral+ and 1 fiji purple and what species of acropora is the acro in the last pic of your first post

Last edited:
I'm speechless xixau!
Not only you have an amazing corals collection but is sickly colored too:eek2:
Thanks for sharing

You just got my vote for TOTM Richie!! Incredible job. I hope you don't mind I just wanted to repost your progression shots all in a row. I think to get where you are in 2 years is nothing short of a miracle. You are a reefin' Genius!!

IMG_3944_zpsb2e6f1ff.jpg

IMG_6310_zps95cdb65b.jpg

80faf0e7-b238-4f5a-8386-448fec8b697b_zps55ezjyfu.jpg

Just beautiful. I'm also impressed by the incredible growth and uniform health of everything in the tank. Do you think your amazing success is from the Zeovit system or the natural seawater?

One of the best ever! I love that you started with frags and shows you have patience. Unlike some people that want an instant reef . Awesome:artist:

Nicely done, Richie ... A solid combination of minimal, yet high quality, technical/electrical equipment, and maximizing important natural biological elements-processes !

Back