xixau zeoreef sps

I notice that you only add 3 drops of CV and not every days. Did you add anything else to feed your coral or just 3 drops of CV and fish poo?
Normally if all is running well I dose CV 3 drops twice a week

thanks for all the kind words, tank is cruising well and frag tank also coming nicely

Cheers

TS : did you get brown algae on your sand bed ? for the changing of zeolite, i thought the recommendation is 6-8 weeks ? what is your lighting period now ?

Last edited:
Richard your tank is absolutely stunning mate, it's a credit to you and your hard work :D
thank you and HHHH...your tank ...what can I say

TS : did you get brown algae on your sand bed ? for the changing of zeolite, i thought the recommendation is 6-8 weeks ? what is your lighting period now ?

I find if pass more than 4 weeks with active carbon I have problems with algae
12 hours x 2 blue plus
10 hours full spectrum

I noticed that you change the zeolite every 3 months , I thought it is to be change every 8 weeks ?

Hi xixau,

Beautiful tank you have there. I have some questions regarding the Sunpower if you don't mind me asking. I upgraded to the exact same tank but already have a 6 x 54 watts Sunpower. Anyway I am thinking of either upgrading to a 8 bulbs sunpower or adding 2 strips of LED to the 6 bulbs that I have now. I can't decide what's a good choice for me. I have been running all T5 but my colors aren't that great. That's why I am thinking of maybe adding some LED might help out the colors. I do understand that it is more than just Light to bring out the colors.

How do you like pure T5? your tank is already TOTQ on Zeovit forum but do you think that you might get better color or like it better if you supplement the T5 with LED also? Are you thinking of upgrading the light at all to something new or completely satisfy with the current 8 bulbs Sunpower for your current tank?

Thanks,
Bao

Really beautiful tank, definitely one to aspire to. Does the green stag with the blue tips have a name? It's such a neat growth pattern.

I am following but never posted. Beautiful tank, really an inspiration, and thanks for the table of what you dose.

For ZeoStart you list 3+3+3+3 ... does this indicate 4 daily doses of 3ml each?

Stunning results from a dedicated reefer :)

Those frags are looking tasty!

Jay let me know how the frags go :thumbsup:

I noticed that you change the zeolite every 3 months , I thought it is to be change every 8 weeks ?

minimum dosing is necessary to keep the colours at this stage of stability , P and N is undetectable and I change from 8 weeks to 10 weeks with no problem and I think could stretch more but I'm happy with 5 changes a year

xixau, what's your t5 combo now?
display has KZ bulbs
5 x super blue
2 x new gen
1 x Fuji

Hi xixau,

Beautiful tank you have there. I have some questions regarding the Sunpower if you don't mind me asking. I upgraded to the exact same tank but already have a 6 x 54 watts Sunpower. Anyway I am thinking of either upgrading to a 8 bulbs sunpower or adding 2 strips of LED to the 6 bulbs that I have now. I can't decide what's a good choice for me. I have been running all T5 but my colors aren't that great. That's why I am thinking of maybe adding some LED might help out the colors. I do understand that it is more than just Light to bring out the colors.

How do you like pure T5? your tank is already TOTQ on Zeovit forum but do you think that you might get better color or like it better if you supplement the T5 with LED also? Are you thinking of upgrading the light at all to something new or completely satisfy with the current 8 bulbs Sunpower for your current tank?

Thanks,
Bao

Hi Bao,
I use t5's and will not change anytime soon, the main reason is I found LEDs increase film on glass and substrate also there is no settings with t5 you plug and play.

Really beautiful tank, definitely one to aspire to. Does the green stag with the blue tips have a name? It's such a neat growth pattern.

In Australia is called Dallas but real name is
Acropora valenciennesi

Amazing growth!
Beautiful system!!
Thanks for sharing.
I will be following along!

Thank you Matt.

I am following but never posted. Beautiful tank, really an inspiration, and thanks for the table of what you dose.

For ZeoStart you list 3+3+3+3 ... does this indicate 4 daily doses of 3ml each?

Yes on a ratio 19:1 RO/DI:start3
cheers

xixuau
Great setup. Excellent corals!
Keep up!

Thanks you

Fantastic Growth, Definitely will be following along from this point on

cheers

Thanks for taking the time to answer my question.
I read the thread but couldn't find out how often do you change your T5 bulbs?

xixau, I've the same combo"¦..with fauna marin's tube"¦.. and 1 KZ's:
5 FM royal blue
2 FM duo (15000°K)
1 KZ fiji purple

xixau, I've the same combo"¦..with fauna marin's tube"¦.. and 1 KZ's:
5 FM royal blue
2 FM duo (15000°K)
1 KZ fiji purple

How does the FM RBlue compare to tubes like ATI Blue+ for you guys seeing it in person? Any different effect on the corals?

Sahin, I don't know as I haven't blue+to compare. I only know Rblue has more actinic than blue+, Rblue has actinic-blue spectrum so it's more efficient than blue+ IMHO

Back