Show me Your Fancy STANDS!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Elegance, what is the apparatus on the right side (the giant PVC one?). Otherwise, beautiful build!!

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14968084#post14968084 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by MSU Fan
Elegance, what is the apparatus on the right side (the giant PVC one?). Otherwise, beautiful build!!

Thanks yawl.:D

The 6" pipe on the right is a 5gl. ATO/kalk dosser. It works on the same principle as the water coolers with the 5gl inverted water bottle on top. It only dispenses kalk when the water level in the sump drops. No moving parts. No electricity. No worries.

Some of these are really masterpieces! I got so many good ideas from this thread, I'm going to post mine too. Nothing exceptional, butI'm pleased with how things came out.
73032Fullstand20090503.JPG

73032tankfront20090503.JPG

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14971702#post14971702 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by RGibson
elegance coral can you show how you have pipe up your kalk dosser.

I just reduced the 6" pipe down to 1/2" pipe. I put a valve on the bottom so I could fill the container while in place without the water flowing right through. The 1/2" pipe extends about 3" up inside the 6" pipe so that it doesn't pick up the kalk at the bottom.
The water level should be at the bottom of the 1/2" pipe. I got lazy.:rolleyes:
grabbedframe1qq8.jpg

This is another one that works on the same principle.
editedt.jpg

edited2x.jpg

edited3.jpg

Nice seahorse pulls... I used the same ones along with a couple starfish pulls on the side doors. Looking good everyone.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14971287#post14971287 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by elegance coral
Thanks yawl.:D

The 6" pipe on the right is a 5gl. ATO/kalk dosser. It works on the same principle as the water coolers with the 5gl inverted water bottle on top. It only dispenses kalk when the water level in the sump drops. No moving parts. No electricity. No worries.

does the top need to be capped to work? If so, how is yours? It doesn't look to be, but I probably just don't have the right view.

I saw a rubber bott on it in one of the pictures. It would half to be capped or the water would all flow out regardless of the water level.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12986556#post12986556 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by davocean
LOL, OK, serious optical illusion!
The height of 2x10 made it really look like 1x.
Most likely fine, but I would probably have a vertical support in center to prevent sagging over long period.

ok i know old post, but it tickled me to see a general contractor stating a 2x10 would sag with no middle tank support at 6 ft span on end. seriously???

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14940344#post14940344 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by cward
Here's the stand I built for my 120g Oceanic Tech. It's made from cherry, with ambrosia maple door/drawer fronts.

30741new-tank-1-med.jpg

This really is one of the most attractive stands that I have seen. Well done.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14940344#post14940344 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by cward
Here's the stand I built for my 120g Oceanic Tech. It's made from cherry, with ambrosia maple door/drawer fronts.

30741new-tank-1-med.jpg

Nice job!
I like how you kept grain all the way through on droors.
Nice selection in lumber.

30741new-tank-1-med.jpg

i know you got a bunch of comments already, but this is BEAUTIFUL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back